Welcome to Year 3 2020/2021
Our teaching team this year is Miss Barker (Catterick class), Mrs Marsh and Miss Lovett (Chepstow class) along with our amazing TAs; Mrs Hewer and Miss Wicks who will work with a variety of children across the year.
Our enquiries this year are:
Term 1: How can you feel the force?
Term 2: How can we find out about people in the past?
Term 3: What is underneath our feet?
Term 4: How do plants die?
Term 5: How did people travel in the past?
Term 6: What is the difference between surviving and being healthy?
Now that the children are in KS2, we will be encouraging them to be more independent in their learning and around the school. Amongst other things, being given the choice of which jobs to pick in class and leading warm ups in PE lessons for their classmates. Unfortunately, due to the current situation, the children will not be able to change their own reading books and these will need to be handed in on a Wednesday and given back out on a Friday.
There will be a huge focus on outdoor learning this year and we will be doing a range of outside activities throughout the year, such as clearing the pond area and planting flowers. We also hope to go on walks and adventures to support our ‘Forest Fun Fridays’ in the afternoon.
We are currently unable to do Enrichment on Fridays, however, we are hoping that we will be able to continue this later in the year. Instead, we are using the time for Forest Fun. When we are able to do Enrichment, there will be a variety of activities to choose from each term which the children rank in order of preference and we aim to give every child their first choice at least once throughout the year. Activities that have been available over the last few years have included: Gymnastics, Adventurous Games, Cooking, Arts and Crafts, Multi Sports, Pride in Our School, Animation, Woodwork and Love Where You Learn. We encourage the children to stick with their choice throughout each term.
Important things for Year 3 to remember throughout the week:
- PE on Tuesdays. The children should come to school dressed in their kits on a Tuesday.
- Reading Records and reading books need to be handed in on Wednesdays.
- Reading Records and new reading books will be given out on Fridays.
- Homework due in on Fridays.
- New homework is given out on Seesaw on Fridays. This will include Maths and Spellings every week.
- Forest Fun clothes and wellies should be worn to school on Fridays.
- PH Sport and Up & Under are providing some after school clubs for KS2. This is not currently running for Year 3 but will be later in the year.
If you have any questions about life in Year 3, please speak to one of us at the end of the day or email us at email@example.com.