Welcome to Year 3 2019/20!
Our teaching team this year is Miss Barker (Catterick class) and Miss Coupland (Chepstow class) along with our amazing TAs; Mrs Hewer, Mrs Paterson and Mrs Priest who will work with a variety of children across the year.
Our topics this year are:
Term 1: Ancient Egyptians
Term 2: A Dragon’s Tale (Vikings)
Term 3: Would you live in the shadow of a volcano?
Term 4: Rainforest Rumble
Term 5: Planet or Plastic?
Term 6: The Olympics
Now that the children are in KS2, we will be encouraging them to be more independent in their learning and around the school. Among other things, the children can change their own reading books on any day of the week, being given the choice of which jobs to pick in class and leading warm ups in PE lessons for their classmates.
There will be a huge focus on outdoor learning this year and we will be developing the space under the canopies outside Catterick class throughout the year. We also hope to go on walks and adventures to support our ‘Forest Fun Thursdays’ in the afternoon.
The successful KS2 Enrichment afternoons will continue this year on Fridays. There are a variety of activities to choose from each term which the children rank in order of preference and we aim to give every child their first choice at least once throughout the year. Activities that have been available over the last few years have included: Gymnastics, Adventurous Games, Cooking, Arts and Crafts, Multi Sports, Pride in Our School, Animation, Bloodhound SSC, Woodwork and Love Where You Learn. We encourage the children to stick with their choice throughout each term.
Important things for Year 3 to remember throughout the week:
- PE on Monday mornings and Tuesday afternoons. The children can come to school dressed in their kits on a Monday and bring their uniform in a bag.
- Homework due in on Mondays
- New homework given out on Tuesdays
- Most teacher led clubs will be after school on Tuesdays (starting 24/9/19)
- Reading Record check for raffle tickets on Thursdays
- Forest Fun clothes and wellies needed on Thursdays
- Enrichment on Fridays – some options need a PE kit
- PH Sport after school club for KS2 on Fridays. This club changes regularly.
If you have any questions about life in Year 3, please speak to one of us at the end of the day or email us at email@example.com.