Queen's Crescent Sports Premium Funding 2021/2022 - £19,500
What is the Sport Premium Funding?
In 2017 the government have doubled the amount of money that schools are given: £16,000 is given to schools with more than 16 pupils on roll, plus an additional £10 per child aged 5-11. The money can only be spent on improving the quality of PE and sport provision through staff CPD and providing sports coaches, clubs, sporting experiences and equipment for the children.
Purpose of funding
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that schools should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For example, you can use your funding to:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games www.yourschoolgames.com
- run sports activities with other schools