Service Pupil Premium
Pupils are eligible for Service Pupil Premium (SPP) funding if they meet the following criteria:
- one of their parents is serving in the regular armed forces (including pupils with a parent who is on full commitment to the full time reserve service )
- they have been registered as a ‘service child’ on the school census at any point since 2016
- one of their parents died whilst serving in the armed forces and the pupil receives a pension under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme or the War Pensions Scheme
Please click here for more information.
SPP funding is designed to assist the school in providing additional support that these children may need. The funding is currently £310 per child. If your child is eligible for Service Pupil Premium (SPP) funding, please let us know.
Support available for children and families eligible for SPP funding
The link members of staff for families eligible for SPP funding are Mrs Sarah Kibble and Mrs Emma Lobb.
SPP is used to provide mainly pastoral support for service children. This could include, but not restricted to:
- Improving communication between children and their deployed parents
- Supporting the needs of service children when they join a new school as a result of a posting
- Funding school trips just for service children, to help them enjoy their time at school
Please see below deployment pack documents.
Deployment activity book
Supporting children , young people and families during periods of deployment
A practical guide for parents - what can we do for our children when something distressing happens?
A guide for the families of mobilised members of the Territorial Army and the Regular Reserve
Supporting children and young people from the Royal Navy and Royal Marines families