Our playground buddy scheme plays an important part in creating a safe, friendly, happy and peaceful atmosphere for children during lunchtime. At Queen’s Crescent we have over 20 volunteers across the week.
Who are they?
Year 5 and 6 children volunteer to take on the role of Playground Buddies. The buddies really enjoy their responsibilities, and not only do they make the playground a happy place for all the children, but also offer a great help to the staff on duty at lunchtime.
What is their role?
- To help all children to learn how to play cooperatively with each other.
- To help children resolve minor conflicts using our Resolve it Together Strategy.
- Help younger children in the dinner hall, opening packets, scraping their plates, filling water or milk cups.
- Teach children to play a wider range of games.
- Help lonely children make more friends.
- Most importantly, be available as a friend to all the other children.